Monday, July 23, 2007

See You in Sandy Eggo!

The huge Comic-Con International- San Diego starts Wednesday---and for the 22nd year in a row, I'll be there to see what's new in the world of comics and pop culture. And I'll be there to learn, so I can serve all the Flying Colors' Faithful even better upon my return.

In addition to trying to absorb all the massive amounts of new and cool stuff I'll see there, I will also be working behind the scenes, talking with many pros in the comics' biz, working to build an even better comic book industry.

I will be hosting one seminar that is open to the general ticket-buying public at Comic-Con and here's the info:

So You Want to Be a Comics Retailer? Friday July 28 from 4:30 pm-6:00pm in Room 2 (a larger space to accommodate all those interested!
Open to all Comic-Con attendees! With years of experience from ComicsPRO president Joe Field (Flying Colors Comics & Other Cool Stuff, Concord, CA), retailers Joe Ferrara (Atlantis Fantasyworld, Santa Cruz, CA); Nancy Trempe from (Comics Unlimited, Westminster, CA), Derrick Taylor (Comic Oasis, Las Vegas, NV) and Dave Hawksworth from Diamond Comic Distributors. Learn what it takes to make your dream of opening a great comic book store come true. An essential part of ComicsPRO’s mission is to grow the number of professional stores in the Direct Market and the response to this panel over the last few years has been a good start.

I will also be at the Will Eisner Comic Industry Awards, Friday night July 27 from 8pm 'til the cows come home. This year's event is hosted by my pal Bill Morrison (of Simpsons' and BONGO Comics' fame) and Jane Weidlin, the guitarist from the Go-Go's (yeah, we got the beat!).

I always run into current Flying Colors' Faithful, as well as folks who shopped here once upon a time. If you see me, be sure to re-introduce yourself and say hi!

As for what's happening in Flying Colors this week, we have tons of great stuff hitting the rack on Wednesday morning. Be here for it all!

Peace!

FlyCoJoe

No comments: