We invite you to be here Saturday August 14 for the 20th Annual FREE Comic Book Day at Flying Colors!
Our Special Guests from 10 Ton Press are publisher Mel Smith (Rock n Roll Biographies), cartoonist John Hageman (Charley & Humphrey) and artist/animator Brandon McKinney (Red Dawn).
Our guests will be with us from at least 11AM - 2PM (who knows how much later?).
with our current staff, we'll be welcoming back some of our Flying
Colors Retailing Brigade alumni to help make the day fun and run even more smoothly.
Hopefully Helpful Hints for FCBD at Flying Colors
* HOT! Saturday August 14 the weather forecast is for temps into the high 90s. Please be prepared for that with sunscreen and water.
* KEEP IT MOVING!
We'll do our best to keep the line moving as quickly as possible, but
we also must limit how many people are in the shop at any given time.
Thank you for your cooperation in helping us keep things moving.
* KEEP CLEAR! While in line, please keep the entrances and exits of other shops in Oak Grove Plaza clear and accessible.
* FOOD & BEVERAGES! Consider
having lunch or a beverage at one of these Oak Grove Plaza spots: Ozora
Sushi, Chipotle, Mona's Burgers & Shakes, Jimmy John's, Round Table
Pizza, Peet's Coffee, Captain's Chest. (Please note: Flying Colors will not be serving any snacks or beverages)
* MASK UP! Remember
to bring your mask! Masks are required inside Flying Colors. We may not
have any spare masks, so please bring your own! You will not be allowed
in the shop without a mask. (We hate being the Mask Police. *sigh*)
* LIMIT! Each attendee at Flying Colors on FCBD will be able to choose three different
FCBD comics. In addition, you can get one copy of the 10 Ton Press FCBD
special edition comic available ONLY at the guest table.
* ONE TIME ONLY! To give more people a chance to get their free comics more quickly, we kindly ask you to only go through the line once!
* VISIT YOUR LIBRARY! More free comics will be available at Contra Costa County Library events the week of August 16. For more info, visit this link.