Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Strangers in Paradise: ECHOES OF HOME

Today's Guest View From Flying Colors is from Jenny, as she sends her appreciation to artist/writer Terry Moore on the final issue of STRANGERS IN PARADISE...

It’s official.
My favorite comic book series of all time has ended. All of you mainstream superhero fans out there, how would you feel if you never got to see Spider-Man swing through the city, Clark Kent turn into Superman, Adam Hughes draw Wonder Woman? No new stories ever again!!! Pretty depressing thought, huh?

Thankfully the ever-genius Terry Moore gave me a little bit of time to swallow this idea before reading the final issue of this incredible series last night. Strangers in Paradise is an old friend, a brilliant ride, a secret universe that feels like home and understands you.

I started the series at the lowest time of my life. I had hit rock bottom with a huge debt, feeling completely lost. When I picked up SIP, somewhere between Katchoo’s tortured soul and the continuous quest for connection, I fell in love again.

I can sniff out the potential SIP fans, those looking for something different, some character driven drama with fear and loss being the kryptonite and love being the hero. This book will always continue to draw new readers in.

All great things must come to an end. It can’t be like watching an over-the-hill Ozzy Osbourne sing live nowadays. There is a time to get off the stage and start something new---and I’ll be right there to see what Terry Moore, one of the greatest comic creators as well as one of my personal heroes has in store.

Thank you Terry.
--- Jenny

2 comments:

the bler said...

sounds like a good read, I'll have to check it out :)

Anonymous said...

Jenny,

You recommended SIP to me and I've been a big fan ever since. We ran into each other at Terry Moore's talk at Wondercon! It's me Jody! :)