Monday, October 24, 2005

A Secret of this Life!

Hope LanCarte has worked at her family-owned Fort Worth, Texas Mexican restaurant Joe T. Garcia's for 60 years!

She tells people she's "never had a job," explaining that "a job is something you do when you'd rather be doing something else". Hope doesn't feel she's created jobs for her family and employees, she has created work for them---please note the difference--- and she feels that work is enjoyable, worthwhile and is its own reward.

That's a primary secret of this life, folks. Enjoying your work life and then enjoying going back home at the end of the day is a huge secret to a happy and healthy life.

After 17 years doing this Flying Colors' gig, I know I'm a lucky guy. I still love coming to Flying Colors---and I still look forward to my time at home at the end of the day.

So, thank you!

Peace!

FlyCoJoe

No comments: