Hey, artists! Get your pens and brushes ready! Draw CAPTAIN FOUR-COLOR! You could win a prize! Your art could be published! Entry deadline is Sunday May 20.
Vote NOW! Vote HERE!
Read these Contest Rules carefully and fully: 1) Draw Captain Four Color! He's Flying Colors' official Super-hero mascot.
He's known throughout the universe as the sworn protector of comic books and
all those who love to read comics!
2) Bring your original Captain Four Color drawings to Flying Colors for contest
submission, starting April 16, 2018. Entries will only be
accepted in person in-store at Flying Colors.
3) Each contestant must completely fill out a contest registration
form. Incomplete and incorrect entry forms will lead to disqualification from
4) The maximum size your drawing can be is 8.5" x 11" (can also be "landscape
at 11" x 8.5"). Larger pieces will be disqualified from contest
5) Contestants agree to have their original art displayed in-store
at Flying Colors and on Flying Colors social media.
6) Limited to one original art entry per person, please!
7) Get creative! Your Captain Four Color contest entry can
be a single image, it can be a joke panel or a multi-panel comic page with many
characters. Feature Contra Costa area landmarks, like Mount Diablo! Feel free
to use images of the Flying Colors' logo and store, too.
8) You may also use well-known copyrighted comic book characters in your
original art, but you cannot use your own original characters. Entries with
original characters will be disqualified.
9) Contest voting begins May 8, 2018 when entries will be displayed in-store
and on Flying Colors social media. Voting will end on June 2, 2018.
10) Voting will occur both online and in-store. Each Facebook
"like" will count as a single vote. Each in-store paper vote will
count as two votes. One in-store vote per person per week is allowed during the
11) Total number of prizes awarded will be determined by the number of contest
entries received. Flying Colors will award at least one $100 Flying Colors
12) Flying Colors reserves the discretion to classify original art by the age
of the artist.
13) In the event of a tie in the voting, tie-breaking votes will be done by
Flying Colors staff.
14) Final judgments regarding entries, eligibility and prize-winning are at
discretion of Flying Colors staff.
ALL entries will be considered for publication in
an upcoming Flying Colors' "Captain Four-Color Capers" comic book!