Friday, December 26, 2008

Among FlyCoJoe's favorite gifts this year...


I got an e-mail this morning. Here it is:

Dear Sirs,

Just wanted to say thank you for supporting our soldiers. I am currently stationed in Afghanistan and have just received a copy of Ultimate Spiderman! I have been an avid collector of Spiderman for some years now and getting an issue of Spiderman made my day.

Just wanted to say thanks and hope that you all have a Merry Christmas and a good holiday season.


I've withheld the name of the soldier who wrote this e-mail to us, since I haven't cleared it with him. However, I do want to thank the East Bay Blue Star Moms for allowing Flying Colors Comics to take part in their initiative to get care packages to 4000 soldiers serving in Afghanistan and Iraq.

I appreciate the sacrifice and the commitment of our soldiers, so donating thousands of comic books was just our little way of pitching in to try to bring a little "home" to soldiers serving in harm's way.

A big four-color Flying Colors' salute to you all! We thank you for your service and look forward to your safe return!

Peace!

FlyCoJoe

No comments: