Wednesday, November 16, 2005

What goes around...

Man, it was fun to be in the store today! I love Wednesdays with tons of new comics to talk about with everyone who comes in. In my blog yesterday, I posted a bunch of the #1 issues that came in today. When I thought about it more, I realized this is the first week I can remember that each of our Flying Colors' Retailing Brigade "Picks of the Week" are all first issues.

If you haven't been by the store recently, it's a great time to come in and check out all the great stuff going on across the comics' spectrum. You've been officially invited!

**********************************************************

OK, about today's blog title "What goes around..."

I was a notoriously inquisitive kid, asking tons of questions of everyone I'd come in contact with, probably just to hear the sound of my own voice in some cases. I asked LOTS of questions--- whether it was to the produce guy in the Safeway, my old friends Ma  and Len who ran the pool hall in Moraga, and especially the guy who ran the pet store in the Rheem shopping center.

Well, what goes around comes around, as they say. So I find myself in a position where I get asked tons of questions each and every day. Mostly comics' related and most of those are easy.

• What are my all-time favorite comic books?
Easy. The first two I started with were Amazing Spider-Man #51 ("In the Clutches of the Kingpin") and Fantastic Four #65 ("From Beyond This Planet Earth" is the story title, but everyone knows it as the Ronan the Accuser story).

• When was the first appearance of the Punisher?
Shortly after the first time I did something really wrong...

• Who'd win a fight between Superman and Thor?
Easy again. DC and Marvel.

You see how this goes, right?
So during the rush of fun that is another New Releases' Wednesday here today, one of the the regular readers of this blog suggested I put out a general call for questions to everyone.

Anything you'd like to know about Flying Colors?
Want to know more about the excitin' life of a comic book retailer? Really?
Got some real curiosity about any little thing?

Then respond to this by clicking on the comments link. I'll try to answer every question I get, although it may take me a few days to get to the answers--- and the answers may be about as straight as the ones above. But you'll never know until you ask.

After asking so many questions in my younger days, it's now all coming back to me. It's my penance for having been precocious---and it's your duty to ask away!

With great power and all that....

FlyCoJoe

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How do you make Flying Colors such a wonderful place to shop? And where do you find your staff? They are incredibly helpful and very friendly. Half the fun of comix collecting is visiting the store every week and chatting with the employees.

And why are you so fair to your customers? You treat everyone with honesty and respect, as if they are a part of your family.