Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Joltin' Joe Sinnott!

When I started reading Marvel Comics in the summer of 1967, Joe Sinnott was firmly ensconced as artist Jack "King" Kirby's ink-artist of preference on Marvel's flagship series FANTASTIC FOUR.

Back in the summer of '95, I met Joe Sinnott and his late (and great!) wife Betty when he was a special guest at the San Diego Comic-Con. Knowing he lived in upstate New York, I was surprised to see him sporting a San Francisco Giants' baseball cap. We struck up a conversation about the Giants---and that has turned into a long-distance friendship over the last 15+ years. Once or twice a month, Joe and I will talk on the phone, usually about baseball---"What are the Giants going to do about their offense!!??" ---but we'll also talk about comics and other topics. I'm sure he has many fans and friends calling him regularly, but he always makes me feel like I'm his most important friend when I'm talking with him

So I have learned what everyone else who has ever met Joe already knows---  he is one of the greatest guys on Earth! A true gentlemen in every sense of the word.

Here, then, is a recent interview with Joe Sinnott, going through his 60 year career in comic books.
(I cribbed this from writer Mark Evanier's site, so please do me a favor and take a look atthe entertaining and informative content Mark posts there.)


Interview with comics legend Joe Sinnott, Part 1 from The Comic Archive on Vimeo.

No comments: