Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Comics & Ice Cream: Very Cool!


I mentioned to my staff that today is the 18th anniversary of the opening of FLYING COLORS. Nothing big or dramatic planned, just nice to look back on some good and memorable moments here. Tuesdays are also days that are quite busy around here, as we process all the New & Cool items that will be on sale on Wednesdays, so doing something big would have been more of a challnege, especially on a Tuesday.

So I was surprised when I was called out of the office to take a look at some old comics brought in for me to possibly buy. When I went to the back counter to see the old comics, Chris, Mike and Brian surprised me with a FLYING COLORS 18th Anniversary ice cream cake from Baskin-Robbins. Nice! Here are a couple of pix from our little celebration.

I've got to tell you, after all these years, the FLYING COLORS Retailing Brigade constantly make my job easier. Mike, Brian and Chris are among the finest Brigade members I've worked with here.

Lots of great stuff hits the racks Wednesday (including several first issues)---
AMAZING SPIDER-GIRL #0
Ed Brubaker & Sean Phillips' CRIMINAL #1
Brian K Vaughn & Marcos Martin's DOCTOR STRANGE: OATH #1
Robert Kirkman & Phil Hester's IRREDEEMABLE ANT-MAN #1
MONSTER PARADE #1
NIGTMARE ON ELM STREET #1
Marjane Satrapi's CHICKEN WITH PLUMS graphic novel
DR DEBUNKO: THE SHORT STORIES #1
GIANT SIZE WOLVERINE #1
Y THE LAST MAN #50 (Big answers in this one!)
INFINITE CRISIS Hardcover Collection
LIFE OF POPE JOHN PAUL II Graphic Biography
Vertigo's THE OTHER SIDE #1
Tom Beland's TRUE STORY SWEAR TO GOD #1 (you have seen the YouTube vieo, right? If not, the link is below!)

Once again, thanks for being a part of FLYING COLORS' first 18 years. I'd still love to hear your comments, so hit the 'comments' link and send us your thoughts!

As always--- Peace!

FlyCoJoe

No comments: